Making sure that you are getting enough Vitamin C is essential for your health and also has a positive impact on your appearance. If you’re not getting quite enough then you’ll begin to find that your hair and skin suffer the most.
A lack of Vitamin C can cause split ends and pale, tired looking skin. It will also affect your immune system and you’ll find yourself becoming more susceptible to the common cold as well as flu germs and viruses.
Here are 10 foods which are packed full of vitamin C:
- Citrus Fruits: Oranges are the food most commonly associated with Vitamin C, and with good reason too as a medium orange contains around 70mg of Vitamin C.
- Kiwi: One average kiwi contains around the same amount of Vitamin C as an orange making it a great way to ensure that you are getting enough in your diet.
- Chillies: Green chillies are particularly rich in Vitamin C. Fresh chillies are also packed full of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
- Berries: Most berries contain plenty of Vitamin C and enjoying fresh berries for breakfast or as a light snack is a great way to boost your Vitamin C levels.
- Broccoli: This is a great source of all sorts of vitamins and nutrients and is a great vegetable to eat to ensure that you’re getting enough goodness in your diet.
- Tomatoes: Sun dried tomatoes are especially high in Vitamin C but fresh ones will do the job also. Tomatoes can be included in practically any dish, so you have no excuse!
- Spinach: Spinach is not only a fantastic source of Vitamin C but is also full of iron, antioxidants and calcium.
- Gooseberries: Gooseberries are packed full of Vitamin C, and although they might not be to everyone’s taste, these sour fruits are well worth trying.